For Graduating Seniors Participating in Charitable Projects and Fine Arts
Sponsored by the Victoria ISD Education Foundation, HEB & William and Madeline Smith Foundation
Award amount: $500
The Master Teacher Scholarships recognize VISD teachers with 10 or more years teaching experience who have had a significant influence on VISD students. Dr. Slone, a Government/Economics and Psychology/Sociology Teacher at Stroman High School for over thirty-two years, was named the 2000 VISD Master Teacher. Dr. Slone, who received her doctorate at age 51, reminds students that “education is a life-long process.”
Are you a VISD graduating senior who
- completed at least four charitable projects significant to your school and/or community,
- participated in two extracurricular activities (at least one must be in Fine Arts),
- earned a four-year cumulative average of 85 or better,
- received no conduct grade below a B during senior year,
- received no discipline referrals during senior year, and
- had no more than three absences and/or three tardies per semester in your senior year?
If you answered yes, you are eligible to apply for the Dr. Joyce Slone Master Teacher Scholarship.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2019