For Graduating Seniors Planning to Major in Education
Sponsored by the Victoria ISD Education Foundation, H-E-B & William and Madeline Smith Foundation
Award amount: $500
The Master Teacher Scholarships recognize VISD teachers with 10 or more years teaching experience who have had a significant influence on VISD students. Mrs. Klinkerman is the lead facilitator at F. W. Gross Montessori Magnet School and has taught for twenty-four years—nineteen of which have been in VISD. She was selected a VISD Master Teacher in 2001. Mrs. Klinkerman states “I teach because there is nothing more rewarding than seeing a concept grasped and the excitement in the child’s eye.”
Are you a VISD graduating senior who
- plans to major in Education,
- earned a four-year cumulative average of 90 or better,
- completed at least two charitable projects significant to your school and/or community,
- participated in at least one extracurricular activity (and was a part of this activity for at least three years),
- received no conduct grade below a B during senior year,
- received no discipline referrals during senior year, and
- had no more than three absences and/or three tardies per semester in your senior year?
If you answered yes, you are eligible to apply for the Juli Klinkerman Master Teacher Scholarship.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2019, at midnight